Thursday, October 22, 2009

a quick tiddy: Who's talking

Put the about 145 JJ songs I have on disc (and are not covered by the two tab books or the Steve Chapman tabs) on a shuffle, and this song came up. Of course, Travel-log is another true fave, better than #8 and number 10 combined. Even though I remember JJ saying he likes the albums with numbers as their names, tonally those two aren't all that hot.

The main part of the song (already goes through this twice before the vocals kick in):
G5///G5///G5///D7///
G5///C7///G5///D7///

I play this just in E shape barres (so G is at third fret, D is at 10th fret, C at 8th fret). So I basically just play the bottom two or three strings, so all the 3 chords might sound like 5th chords most of the time, instead of the sevenths... I just wrote them like that because I fretted them like that.

The mid section is maybe just G, and a D7 at the end. Or something like that. Didn't have time to really listen to it... I just strummed a G higher up.

This is the first 35 seconds of intro high clean solo guitar:
e-1-3-1-3'-3'-1------------3'-1-3~-3p1h3--1------------------
b---------------3-1h3-----------------------3-1-3~-----------

e-3-1-3-6--3-1-3-6-3--1-3------------------------------------
b-------------------------3-1-3----3-2-1-3-------------------
g------------------------------------------------------------
d------------------------------------------3'-5--------------

e-3-1-3-6-3---3-1-3-6-3-1--------3-1-3-3^-1-3----------------
b-------------------------3-1--------------------------------


So it's basically G minor pentatonic scale again. Or actually G minor blues scale, if you count the b5 note on the 2nd fret of the B string. In my trascription I am in the 5th and the first scale pattern box.

4 comments:

  1. The songs covered by the tab books and Chapman tabs are:
    13 DAYS
    AFTER MIDNIGHT
    ANYWAY THE WIND BLOWS
    Artificial paradise SC
    Boilin' pot SC
    BRINGING IT BACK 2
    CAJUN MOON
    CALL ME THE BREEZE
    CALL THE DOCTOR 2
    CARRY ON
    CHANGES 2
    CLYDE 2
    COCAINE
    CRAZY MAMA
    CRYING EYES 2
    DEVIL IN DISGUISE
    DON'T CRY SISTER
    DON'T GO TO STRANGERS 2
    DON'T WAIT
    Drifter's wife SC
    EVERLOVIN' WOMAN 2
    Ferrington piece SC
    FRIDAY 2
    HEY BABY
    HOLD ON
    I GOT THE SAME OLD BLUES 2
    I'll be there SC
    I'LL MAKE LOVE TO YOU ANYTIME
    Lady luck SC
    LIES
    MAGNOLIA
    MIDNIGHT IN MEMPHIS
    Miss Old St Louie SC
    MONEY TALKS
    Riverboat song SC
    ROCK AND ROLL RECORDS
    SENSITIVE KIND
    THE WOMAN THAT GOT AWAY 2
    Tijuana SC
    TRAVELIN' LIGHT 2
    Treat me like you used to SC
    WOMAN I LOVE 2

    So I plan on NOT covering these songs at all in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, where do I find the tabs for"miss old St Louie"?
      Best wishes
      Richard

      Delete
  2. With the 145, of course I might be missing some... seeing that JJ has registered 282 songs with BMI: http://repertoire.bmi.com/writer.asp?blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&page=1&fromrow=1&torow=25&querytype=WriterID&keyid=49928&keyname=CALE%20JOHN%20W&CAE=4849977&Affiliation=BMI

    ReplyDelete
  3. one more comment:
    I ain't touching the "Road to Escondido" album as I consider it to be a Clapton album (i.e. don't like it much).

    And being a EC million seller, I bet it's tabbed somewhere online... some songs are on here: http://www.12bar.de/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1431

    ReplyDelete