Monday, October 12, 2009

Keys of JJ's songs





















I was talking about song key centers below.

To aid the ear, here's the set list from ca. 1993-1994 San Francisco gig with keys:
River boat song = E, F#
Mama don't allow = Bbm (?)
Old man = A, B
River runs deep = A
Don't cry sister = D
13 days = A
Cajun Moon = F
Rocks?! = D
Cocaine = C
Hold on = A
Riding home = F
People lie = E
Bringing it back = F
Going down = A.

This being a copy of the set list, it is what it is, I cannot confirm for sure. I guess the duplicate keys means it's capoed: So two song are capoed on the second fret, by that logic.


This one's from Seattle 2009:
Cajun moon = F#
Artificial paradise = B
Ride me high = C
Sensitive kind = B
Anyway the wind blows = F#
I'll make love to you anytime = B
Whit solo song = G
Crazy mama = F#
Dave Teegarten sang Reed's Baby what's wrong with you = C
After midnight = A
Magnolia = C
T-Bone = Bb
Call me the breeze = F#
Cocaine = B
Roll on = F #
--- encore not listed:----
Borrowed time
Travelin light
------------------------

1 comment:

  1. The photo was taken at the Portland show this April. I think it was the drummer Jim Cruce, who is seen going through the set list for us fans. :)

    ReplyDelete