Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday morning comes too early, work my back to the bone

Tired after the weekend, so here's the chords to Blue Sunday "a day late":
C5/// C5/// F5/// F5///
C5/// G5/// C5/// C5///
(the solos are on a steel guitar or something, so I ain't tabbing them)

So it is a variation of 8-bar blues, like Who's talking. Add solos in C minor pentatonic per your taste. :D I have the tendency of playing the V-chord (here the G chord) as the last bar of any blues progression, but (to my ear) JJ often just stays on the I-chord (here C chord) in the end, not overly emphasizing the end. I think he just plays the I-chord at the end of Who's talking too, but I just like to play the V-chord at the end.

I dig the Rewind album of unreleased tracks, though some covers, like Golden Ring, they could've left out. Also, it should have Katy Kool lady on it instead of Out of Style. Out of style isn't unreleased, what's up with that! Or is it a play on the "5" mistake, having another mistake here? But anyway, still some gems on the unreleased stuff too!

Yes, I will take care of "Friday" one fine day. May not be this Friday though, as I am traveling again. Friday is real groovy, just stays on the same D chord for what I hear... but that still needs more work... any tips?

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, great job with this website! Found it very useful. I'm starting on the guitar and decided to start with JJ songs and i found you.

    On the topic of 'Friday', i thought it was entirely in Dm, though like i said, I'm just a beginner...

    Thanks again and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've been very busy, no time for the blog... but I will bounce back!

    Friday... yeah could be all Dm...

    ReplyDelete