Sunday, November 1, 2009

"T-bone shuffle"

I wonder where JJ got the T-Bone shuffle he plays on the "In session" DVD and live too. It doesn't really sound the same, to me, as the "T-Bone Shuffle" from T-Bone Walker himself. But you can make your own conclusion by listening to the all sorts of versions here: T-bone Shuffle on Amazon

Anyway, JJ plays it two ways on the DVD, here's the regular one (I don't know if I play the correct neck position, didn't check the DVD now):

------------------------------------------------------
------6~--------6-8-6-----------------------------------
-7-8--------7-8-------8-7-------------------------------
--------------------------8--8-6------------------------
---------------------------------8-8--------------------
------------------------------------------------------

Basically it is in B-flat (like I mention in a previous post), and that riff just repeats and repeats. The first three notes sometimes are repeated before playing the second part.

The other one is "T-bone shuffle backwards". I will cover that later, maybe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment