Wednesday, November 4, 2009

about the list of songs with no tab available elsewhere

Looks like there are more JJ song tabs on the web than I thought.

With a quick search on the web, I found chords/tabs (some of the chords in the brackets) for:
Cherry (G, C, G, D)
Cloudy Day (C#m, Fm, ... Fm, A, G#, B)
If I had me a rocket (G#, C#, D#)
Out of style ("Katy kool lady") (Am, E, Am, E, Am, G, F, E, E7, Am)
The Problem (Bb, Ab, Eb, Bb, Ab, Bb... Eb, F, Bb, Ab, Eb)
Take our some insurance (D, A, D, G, D... G, D, C, D)
That kind of thing (Gm Bb F Gm ... Bb C Gm D7#9)
You keep me hangin on (C, G, Am, G... F, G, C)
Low down (12 bar blues in G)
Teardrops in my tequila (C,Em,Am7,G, C, F, C... C,F,G,Am...)
Homeless (C, G, Am, F, G... also an Em in there)
Guess I lose (Gm, C, Gm, D7, Gm ... also A#, Gm, A#, D7)

So I won't be tabbing these out either, you can google them if you need them. :)

I will continue with rest of my list (of ~126 released songs), then. And will continue to be as accurate as I can (in one sitting), but will never post complete tabs or sheet to any given song (just chords and intro or similar). So if one fine day somebody decides to compile a book of complete sheet music or tabs of JJ songs, there is still the use/need/market for one. :D

4 comments:

  1. do you have any ideas about "Things Ain't Simple"? I cannot find anything about it, I've fiddled around a bit myself but it's not quite right (I'm guessing the recording is in a different tuning).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here ya go:
    http://pickingjjcale.blogspot.com/2009/12/things-aint-simple.html

    I assume it's Eb, which certainly puts me off. He might have tuned a fret down?

    Please let me know if it sounds right... Hope it does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have any idea of the chords and/or tabs to Stone River?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure, but sounds to me:
    Most of it is just playing The F#m chord (with the occasional "pull off" to the open A major chord?).
    Then there's the
    "There ain't no trees a growin'
    No animals are showin'
    What used to be a stream
    Now is just a dream"
    Which to be is just going back and forth between A and B chords.

    ReplyDelete