Monday, November 9, 2009

"Precious memories"

The most country song he ever made, maybe. Just love the choir of JJ voices. You'd think all country songs are in C or G, maybe in A. But no, this one's in B...

The lyrics are from jjcale.org... but I wonder if that's what he really sings? The lyrics delivery is fuzzy... never thought about it... always had teh lyrics very clear in my mind... but... well... I guess they just weren't that clear in my mind... Is it "well, I travel" or "As I travel"... so I always thought...

[B]Hell, I travel [E]on life's pathways
[B]Know not what the years may [F#]hold
[B]Hell, I've wandered, [E]oh, grows fonder
[B]Precious memories [F#]flood my [B]soul
and the same progression repeats...

intro:

--------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------7------------------------5-4--5s7--------
----------------6s8----8s6-4-6-4-^6-4-6-----------------------
---9---9---11-9-------------------------6-9-------------------
-9---9---9----------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------2-4-6-7

so that's playing around the B major pentatonic again, slides up to and down from third again for that country sound. And I hear a pre-bend down from third to the sixth fret of G string (= second interval of B), notated as ^6 in the above tab.

Then there's the country style walk ups to chords, like the end of that intro, walking up the B major scale to the note of B.

No comments:

Post a Comment