Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wish I Had Not Said That

Lovely sweet country tiddy! Oh well, I just love the Shades album...

...picking the C major chord for intro riff:
---------------
------------(1)-
---0-----------
-----2-0-------
-3-------3-----
---------------

[C]You don't come here too often
You make my day when you come around
You know I love you something awful
You're a diamond I have found ([(C][G])
[F]Wish I had not said that, [C]baby
[F]If I could only close you [C]out of my [G]mind

Of course imitating the riff while strumming works well as well...
I just seem to be hammering on to the second fret on the D string once every bar... and alternating between C and G in the bass of the C chord (to "emulate bass guitar").

For going from the verse to chorus, there's this move from C to F:
-----1-
-----1-
-----2-
-----3- 
-3---3-
---3-1-

So C, G, F... I guess you could play all of those as chords too, so I put that in round brackets above..

2 comments:

  1. why is the 1 in a bracket ? what does that mean ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually I guess it means a ghost note. Here I probably meant it does not sound like it was played here on the guitar in the original.

    Listening to it now, it sounds more like a whistle on the recording, so it might a harmonic. And instead of C, sounds like G to me, actually. 5th fret harmonic on the G string sounds best to me just now...

    ReplyDelete