Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rose In The Garden

Lovely sweet song this is. Love the piano and the acoustic guitar solo.

The chords spell a simple country progression:

[D]I'll find my way back [G]to the rose in the [D]garden
[D]I'll find my way [A]back to her sweet [D]arms

The solo picks off something like:
-------------------
-----7h8p7---------
---7-------7-4-----
-7-------------7---
-----------------5-
-------------------
which is based around the D chord (A barre shaped one in my tab), or D major pentatonic, if you wish. 

1 comment:

  1. I hear in this part:
    Wastin my (G)
    Just dreamin' a(D)way
    No never forget (Asus2)
    Will I ever stray (A) (note: with vibrato on b string at end)

    then back into regular verses .. . . .

    thanks for your blog! this is just what i hear, could be a bit off on the Asus2 but that was as close as I could get.

    ReplyDelete