Saturday, August 28, 2010

Passion

This one's to honor the greatest JJ Cale cover band I know of: TALK TO THE CAT!  Please go their site and check their music (Oh, man the the stone JJ groove they have for Right down here!):  http://talktothecat.nl/Intro.php ...And book them for gig!

If Talk to the cat had not recorded this small gem, I would never have realized how good a song it is. And I still think of their version first, not the original. Although Number 10 is the first JJ album I bought the day it hit the shelves, I never liked it, it's also the most disappointing record of his, due to the sound. I wish he re-recorded all of it!

Anyway, I copped this off the Talk to the cat version:

The chords are:
Verse:
Gm D
Gm C

Chorus ("Now she's gone... the passion ... still lies in me")
Gm Bb
C D
Gm D

For their CD, the singer and main guitarist of this band played a Gibson Standard USA 1990 and through a Rivera Jake Studio and the other guitarist played a (rosewood fingerboard) Telecaster. Not that anybody cares, but I asked about it once, as I was interested about the tone they got. You can see their gear listing on the site, too.

...and while all you guys are at it, do check the Dutch JJ fan site too: http://www.jjcale.nl/index.html

...and go listen sneak preview's of new Eric Clapton album, with two JJ songs and JJ himself on it: 'Eric Clapton' Sounds good, almost as good as Talk to the cat! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment