Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Soulin"

OK, this one is kinda elusive for me. A stone groove, it is.

I think the record is slightly above regular tuning. So tune slightly up to play with the record. Or tune the record slightly down. :D

I play this with just two chords, basically: regular E chord ( 022100 ) and a "long" A7 ( x02223 )... and well, an A in between like this x0222x (it's sort of muted as it's just a move towards the A7 from the E).

So it's a bit like:
E E A
A7 A7 A7
A7 E

Where the A7s emphasize the high strings and the E after them is just the open top three strings.
And the EEA in the beginning is just on the bottom string, and the A is quickly muted.
The A chord I play barring the second fret with my index, and the A7 is the same but ring finger on 3rd fret of E string.

Here's a slow and imperfect example of what I mean there:
http://www.box.net/shared/gigdeou87e

No comments:

Post a Comment