Friday, January 8, 2010

"Mama don't allow"

The old concert opener for JJ. I remember listening the Washboard Sam '30s version as a kid. Also a stable among some dixieland bands, I hear. I think Julie Lee did a rousing version. Just a good jam number, I guess. 

In my previous post with a set list from 1993-94 had this in Bbm (if I read the set list correctly).  But the record and some live versions I checked from 2004 tour had this in Bm.

[Bm]Yeah, Mama don't allow no guitar playing 'round here
Yeah, Mama don't allow no guitar playing 'round [F#]here
[Bm]I don't care what mama don't allow I'll [E]play my guitar anyhow
[Bm]Mama don't allow no [F#]guitar playing 'round [Bm]here

Solo you can play in B minor pentatonic. Didn't tab any of them this time, though.

4 comments:

  1. Very useful blog!
    Keep up the good work :)

    Thx a lot for "Mama don't allow", i m gonna practice this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for this job you did... I was looking for chords from this excellent song and only you did offer in internet. Fantastic blog and here with you another fan of JJ and another supporter of your blog. Thank you very much. Ignacio. Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting. Very helpful.

    André, from Cologne, Germany.

    ReplyDelete