Tuesday, November 29, 2011

No progress here, anybody have any helpers?

I have not been posting anything as I haven't been able to get together anything worth posting.

Here's an approximate list of songs that I have not been able to post tab to yet (with some guesses about the key for some of them):

 10 - She's in love -- F#
 11 - Shady grove
 07 - Durango
 05 - Too Much For Me
 01 - Death In The Wilderness
 01 - Long Way Home --- B
 03 - New Lover-- Ab
 04 - Down To Memphis --- F
 06 - Borrowed Time -- Dm
 07 - I'm a Gypsy man
 08 - Brown Dirt  -- E
 08 - Perfect Woman  -- C
 09 - Old Blue  -- D
 09 - Rio -- C#m
 11 - Motormouth -- D
 12 - Nobody Knows --- G
 13 - Another Song
 13 - Humdinger

Anybody have some pointers for these songs? ...Pleeeeease... :) Chords, licks, solos, anything...

7 comments:

  1. I'll pick a couple and give it a whirl, can't promise anything though, figuring out chords is not my strong suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humdinger. key of G

    E-----------------------------------------
    B---------------S12----------------S12----
    G-------------------12---------------------
    D------------5-------------------5---------
    A---------3-------------------3------------
    e----3-6-----------------3-6--------------

    S = Slide

    first time writing out a tab. hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try it this way

    E-----------------------------------------
    B---------------S12----------------S12----
    G------------0------12-----------0---------
    D------------------------------------------
    A------1--3----------------1--3------------
    e----3-------------------3----------------

    (give yourself time to get your slide up there)

    the other guitar is going from G to C

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Durango is just Ebm, with typical pentatonic fills and bends on the D, G, and B strings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. here's what I've worked out so far for "I'm A Gypsy Man"; I just play these as power chords.

    intro: C -> D slides
    [D] I'm a gypsy man on a [A] one-night [D] stand
    [D] Am I fit to be [C]loved by [A] you
    [D]I'm with a gypsy band, [A]just travelling [D] the land
    [D]They'll be leaving in the morning, [C]I'll be leaving [D] too

    ReplyDelete