Monday, December 14, 2009

"Thing going on"

(EDIT: I think it's kinda ambiguous, but having tried tabbing the solo, I now think the Db chord for the bridge is minor not major, so Dbm instead)


This one's kinda off pitch. It's a bit flatted from Ab. 
 
The main progression is a walk up:  
[Abm]Look here [B]we got a thing going [Dbm]on[Ebm]
[Abm]Never fear [B]we got a thing going [Dbm]on[Ebm] 
 
the bridge is : 
[Dbm]Ain't nothing to it[Abm]Got to get down and do it
[Dbm]I tell you the truth[Ebm]Ain't jivin' you

Intro takes off:
 
---------------------------
---9~-7-9-7~--9------------
-8--------------8-6-8-6--6~-s8~
----------------------------
----------------------------
----------------------------
 
 
so basically it's all Abm pentatonic... but man it's sweet! 

6 comments:

  1. You're welcome, glad to be of help to fellow fans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting JJ's tab, I come here every weekend and try my best to play these amazing songs and could not do it without your blog .. THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. accordng to me it's more a classic Gm penta

    Gm A# Cm Dm x2
    Cm Gm
    Cm Dm

    what do you think ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment, like I said it's kinda off pitch... between Gm and G#m.

    I think you might be right on the progression though... meaning that in mine the Eb should be minor too.

    ReplyDelete